Everything about a car goes to the wayside without the optimal functioning of its engine. The engine that you replace should be able to maintain the performance such as that of a new one. Some auto repair professionals will advise clients to purchase used engines instead of the new. The reasoning behind is that used ones already have a proven capacity of handling the work.
There are few downsides to purchasing used engines. This fact is especially actual when you use a junkyard shop that gives its parts ultimate servicing before filing them for sale. Used Mercedes engines from Cor-Auto have a warranty that should lessen your worries. Apart from buying a used car engine, it is in your best interest to ensure its proper handling during installation.
How do you know when you need an engine replacement?
- The car will have frequent jumpy rides
- Emission of black, white, or blue smoke. Black smoke means that the engine is getting little air, blue smoke shows excessive burning of the oil, while white smoke indicates a failing cylinder.
- Loud knock noises, which indicate that the bearings are failing
- Constant repair jobs on the engine
Can you install used Mercedes engines by yourself?
Yes, you can. You will need the proper tools and a fair amount of knowledge about the parts. We only advise that you understand the risks involved in doing your repairs.
- Engines are the most massive single components in a car. It is easy to get hurt without the right tools.
- You will also risk damaging other parts of the car.
- Performing repairs without the help of a professional may void your warranty.
- It will take longer to get the installation right if you are fumbling around with the tools
Despite the complications surrounding self-installing the engines, a few guidelines will help you in getting a seamless job. Apply these tips to make sure that the used Mercedes engines deliver the promise.
How to inspect the engine before installation?
- Thoroughly inspect the engine for any broken or missing parts. Cor-Auto will accept any orders through the indicated return policy. Installing an engine with damaged parts will cause premature failure.
- Ensure that the used engine has a long-block that matches the previous one.
- Inspect and verify the timing components. It is inexpensive to replace the timing belt when you transact with Cor-Auto junkyard.
- Inspect accessories and gaskets that may cause complications in the future. Generally, our firm only stocks the best versions of auto parts. Contact our office if you notice anything that may need out professional intervention.
- Ensure that the car has the right oil pressure and a properly functioning electrical system
What should you do when installing the engine?
- Remove debris by flushing the cooling system.
- Replace the old filter or clean it for better functionality.
- Replace the oil gasket and main seal.
- Drain the oils and replace it with the Mercedes recommended level.
- Change the oil filter
- Switch the water hose with newer ones or used from Cor-Auto
View Larger Map
We welcome your comments!
Get In Touch
4723 NW 37th Ave, Miami, FL 33142, USA.
Mon: 8am - 5pm
Tue: 8am - 5pm
Wed: 8am - 5pm
Thur: 8am - 5pm
Fri: 8am - 4pm